Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Selfish suicide

August 10th, 2010 - Page 157


Ezperanza attempts to commit suicide by swallowing a bottle of asprin. Mattie takes Ezperanza to the hospital while Estevan makes himself at home at Taylor and Lou Ann's house. Estevan insists that Taylor do some talking to distract his mind a little. She tells him about a kid that she went to high school with named Scotty Richie, who electrocuted himself on his sixteenth birthday. Scotty didn't really fit in with the cliques at her high school so he didnt really have anybody. Taylor then gets frustrated with Ezperanza and her attempt at suicide, because she has someone. Attempting suicide in my opinion is a selfish thing, especially in Esperanza's case. For people who commit suicide, I don't think they realize all the other people they are hurting. I've delt with this personally and I believe it is completly unfair to the ones who love and care for you. I agree with what Taylor says, it wasn't a fair thing to do but I also don't think Scotty didn't have anyone, so in Scotty's case it was probably selfish too.

No comments:

Post a Comment