Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Lou Ann shuddered. "That door’s what gets me. The way they made the door handle. Like a woman is something you shove on and walk right through. I try to ignore it, but it still gets me." "Don’t ignore it, then," I said. "Talk back to it. Say, ‘You can’t do that number on me, you shit-for-brains.’ ... What I’m saying is you can’t just sit there, you got to get pissed off.”’

"Lou Ann shuddered. "That door's what gets me. The way they made the door handle. Like a woman is something you shove on and walk right through. I try to ignore it, but it still gets me." "Don't ignore it, then." I said. "Talk back to it. Say, 'You can't do that number on me, you shit-for-brains.' ...What I'm saying is you can't just sit there, you got to get pissed off." - page 157

Lou Ann explains how she thinks women are easy taken for granted and easily get walked all over. Some of this anger may come from the fact that her husband left her and their baby to do what he wants to do. Taylor is the type of friend who always brings Lou Ann to her senses. In this case she is letting Lou Ann know that she can't keep ignoring the pain, she should get anger and let people know how she feels. Lou Ann should let Angel know how she feels, and the way she shouldn't be walked all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment